Makeup collection and storage


Here is a little overview on my makeup collection and storage. Hopefully you will be able to pick up some tips and tricks for storing all your favorite beauty items! My storage and set up furniture is all from Ikea. I used two book cases on the side of a desk I created out of different furniture pieces. I liked the idea of this set up because it can grow with my collection. I have the opportunity to add another set of drawers on the left side if I want to. I will link the book shelves here and the desk here.

On the first book shelf I have some knick knacks on display on the top shelf. The second shelf has my spinning lipstick tower (which I will go into detail in the next picture.) Then I have some perfumes and body sprays. There is one more shelf on the bottom but it just has an empty bin in it for now.

This is my spinning lipstick tower from Zhara beauty. When I searched for it online, the website was not working but I know you can find them on Amazon. I found a purple one and I will link it here. It holds about 55 lipsticks.

The brush holders are also from Zhara beauty and are called brush penthouses. I found some on Amazon as well here. I love these brush holders because they are covered and keep my brushes clean and dust free. I filled the bottom with little plastic plant beads so that the brushes stand up better.

The two acrylic three drawer sets are from The Container store. I couldn't find the exact ones with the handles but I did find some similar ones here.

This whole system I created myself from The Container Store. Each drawer is individual and I put them all together to make a cube. It is great because you can customize it to how big or small you want it. You can also rearrange it, add in or take away whenever you want. They also go on sale at the Container Store a few times a year so you can stock up on them. There are lots of options and you can take a look at them here

On top I just have a letter holder to hold a few palettes that I frequently reach for. Two small makeup bags to hold mini makeup items and my brow kit to shape my brows. There is also a container of travel brushes from Bh Cosmetics.

The top drawer, which is the largest size drawer, holds some of my highlighters and bronzers.

The second drawer which is also the largest size drawer, holds my single and duo eyeshadows. The depth of the drawer is a little bit shorter then a NARS duo shadow. They don't quite stand up all the way. They have to be slightly slanted to fit in the drawer.

The next row of drawers, has two thin half size drawers and two tall deep drawers. In one of the thin half size drawers, I have some more palettes. The other holds my colourpop shadows. In the deeper drawers, I keep my MAC special edition beauty powders.

The bottom tow drawers are deep half size drawers. In these, I store my blushes and some more bronzers.

Here is what I keep in the ALEX drawer unit from Ikea.
My top drawer holds all of my every day makeup that I am always reaching for. Things in this drawer are always changing and I am constantly rearranging it. The insert on the left is from Home Goods. and next to it is just a long tray that fits perfectly next to it. The tray is from The Container Store and can be found here.

The next drawer just holds foundations, powders, and concealers that are not my color at the moment. I just put together a bunch of trays that fit in the drawer. Some are from Home Goods, Staples and The Container Store.

Here is the fist deep drawer in the ALEX unit and it holds all of my lips glosses. All of the containers that the glosses are in are from The Container Store and can be fount here.

The next deep drawer has an insert form Ikea that fit perfectly. I think I found it near the bath section in the store. If you have ever been to an Ikea, you know its like a maze and there are things to buy at every corner. Sometimes you just stumble upon random things and then can never find them again when you go back to get another.

The last drawer has no system and just holds my eyeshadow palettes. You can fit a large z palette standing up and still have a little room to spare. The purple palette is my Z palette and it stands up very nicely in the drawer.

The last shelving unit holds some makeup books and pretty makeup palettes I like to have on display from Urban Decay, Tarte and Too Faced. I also have a salt lamp for some added decor.


That pretty much sums up all my makeup storage and collection. If you have any questions about anything please comment below and I will get back to you! Thank you so much for reading.


Here is my YouTube video of my collection and storage if you want to check it out!





Comments

Popular Posts