AHH Acne!!

All of a sudden, I have been blessed with adult acne. I know there are way worse things out there in the world and having acne as an adult but you never realize how much something can impact you until you have it. Most of my life growing up, I had nice decent skin with an occasional breakout now and then. I decided to enroll in beauty school and become an esthetician and about the same time, I started the downward spiral with my skin. Almost a year later and I finally figured out the reason for my acne (Hallelujah!!) but getting rid of it has been a slow and frustrating process. I am going to share my skincare routine, in hopes that anyone out there struggling to clear up their skin might find some new products to try. I have found some great results with these products. I do like to interchange out some products for others once and a while and maybe in another post, I will dive into that but for now I am going to stick to what I mainly use.

Warning: brand heavy post, I have learned a lot about the brand and products I use so that is why most of my skincare consists of that brand.

I start off in the morning by washing my face with a great foaming cleanser. Something that I can wash over my eyes to wash off any eye makeup remains is a must for me. here is my go to:
Dermalogica special cleansing gel is great because it is soap free and it foams into a very nice lather. It has ingredients like balm mint and lavender which calm and sooth the skin, which is great for any inflamed break outs. It is also formulated to cleanse the skin thoroughly without drying it out.

Next step for me is my breakout treatment because I am usually dealing with some inflamed acne almost every day. My go to acne fighter:

Breakout control can be applied just to a breakout or all over your face. You can reapply this to your breakouts every 6 hours for maximum results. It has Tea Tree and Antioxidant Zinc Sulfate to soothe the skin, as well as Colloidal Silver to eliminate bacteria.

Next, I apply some toner and go onto putting on my moisturizer...My go to moisturizer:

I love this moisturizer because it has some color in it to help even out my skin tone. It also has SPF which is so important to help stop post acne scaring from the sun. I have been trying to wear minimal makeup to help my skin but it is very hard because when you have acne, you want to wear a full coverage foundation. This product has helped tremendously because of the added color to the moisturizer.

Thats it for a daytime routine....on to the night, which is the most important because that is when you get the most out of your skincare routine. 

My first step it to take off my day and everything that has accumulated onto my face. Now, I do use two cleansers because I remove my makeup with one and cleanse my skin with the other. Two cleansers might not be for everyone but since developing acne, two is a MUST!

cleanser one:
I have been using this cleanser for years as my makeup remover and I always find myself coming back to it. It washes off everything, eye makeup and all. It is also soap free, oil free, non comedogenic, and hypo allergenic.

My next cleanser is life changing and if you can only get one of the products I am recommending then it should be this cleanser!
This cleanser does it all, cleansing, removing oil and impurities, soothes, and exfoliates to prevent further breakouts. The formula is made so it won't over dry you skin. The pack in this cleanser punch is the salicylic acid which stimulates natural exfoliation, to help prevent future breakouts. This cleanser also contains Balm Mint, Tea Tree, and Eucalyptus which are natural antiseptics. My favorite ingredients have to be the Menthol and Camphor which leave a cool refreshing feeling on the skin to help calm any inflammation.

If I feel m skin is really clogged then I will add in an exfoliator a few times a week or when I feel I need it.

After cleansing, I apply my night time products, starting with:




This is just like breakout control but it is designed for overnight healing. I like to use this on active breakout to dry them up. Another option would be the breakout control instead of the drying potion if you don't want to have to buy another product.

Then I tone and moisturize with a light moisturizer around the areas I applied the treatment.

My skin always looks its best in the morning and I find that using these products has really helped my skin. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask below!



Comments

Popular Posts